Fast Facts About Dry Mouth
Here are some facts about dry mouth, which can be a frustrating condition…
- We call it xerostomia—and it can be a serious problem.
- It tends to happen as we age—but it doesn’t have to.
- Besides being uncomfortable, it makes teeth more cavity-prone.
- It can be the side effect of some medications or radiation therapy for cancer.
- Fight dry mouth by drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- Also, try sugarless gum or lozenges—mouth-wetting agents.
- There are prescription products to combat dry mouth.
So feel free to talk to us—we can help!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Newport Center Dental Group is truly a one-of-a-kind practice. We provide the highest quality care, thanks to an incredible team of dedicated, friendly, and knowledgeable individuals. We all work together with a shared commitment to our patient’s oral health! But enough about us, our practice is really about you! We feel privileged to serve this wonderful community each and every day. The best part of our job is meeting new people, getting to know them on a personal level, and then helping improve their health—and indeed, their quality of life!